CITIESIPCC MEDIA ACCREDITATION
CitiesIPCC invites journalists currently working with recognized print, digital and broadcast newswires, business, news, industry and trade outlets and publications to register for media accreditation for the Cities & Climate Change Science Conference to report on and publish stories about the event.
All media applying for media accreditation will be required to submit proof of employment and/or assignment by a newswire, print, digital or broadcast outlet or publication. Proof recognized by CitiesIPCC includes:
- Byline in print or online with a recognized media source
- Letter of assignment from an editor or bureau chief of a recognized media source
- Photo identification as working with a recognized media source (press/media card)
- Proof of current work for a website in existence and defined as “covering related news”
Freelance journalists will be accredited if they can provide a letter of assignment from a media organization.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- All members of the media and technical support personnel MUST be pre-accredited to gain access to the conference.
- Media badges will be ready for pick up (with proper ID) at registration on site.
- Media are strongly advised to register in advance of the conference to avoid delays.
- Media who arrive onsite without advance accreditation may not be granted access the same day.
- CitiesIPCC may conduct additional research to confirm media legitimacy and reserves the right to decline media who do not meet criteria.
- All attendees designated as “Media” will have access to all public spaces designated by the colour of badge displayed.
RECORDING CONFERENCE EVENTS
- Any participant (Media, Delegate, Supplier, Government Representative) wishing to film/record audio or video) of the event must advise and obtain permission from conference staff beforehand.
- Requests to film/record a particular session must be provided at least one day in advance to ensure space is available is the designated filming area.
Some of the conference proceedings will be available via livestream. Please contact us at CitiesIPCC@gpg.com to learn more about options for covering the conference remotely.
To request media accreditation, please contact:
T: (202) 481-8746
Media must request registration by Friday, February 23, 2018